As University Canada West (UCW) prepares to reopen its campuses this fall, the school’s Student Affairs department is looking to hire several Student Health Ambassadors.
“The Student Health Ambassadors will help carry out UCW and BC Government protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic so UCW can provide safety and peace of mind to our students, staff and faculty while on campus,” said Student Affairs Manager Lorris Leung.
Student Health Ambassadors will assist students, staff and faculty with the return to campus and ensure that:
- Physical distancing guidelines are practiced by students, staff and faculty on campus and in the classroom.
- Only the maximum number of people are present in each classroom, elevator and level of the campus.
- Furniture in and outside of the classrooms is kept 2 meters apart to maintain physical distancing and that equipment, like hand sanitizer and masks, are available.
- Manage incoming and outgoing traffic in common areas, like hallways, lounges and classrooms.
- Sanitize classrooms between classes.
Working closely with public health authorities and BC’s Provincial Government, UCW has developed a detailed plan for students and staff to return to campus safely.
UCW’s comprehensive safety plan includes: mandatory masks for everyone on campus; directional signs to help students, staff and faculty maintain physical distancing; protective barriers in areas where students interact with staff, hand sanitizer stations at all entrances, in classrooms and in common areas; limited seating capacity in all classrooms; and frequent sanitization of all high-touch areas.
“Since the onset of COVID‐19, the safety of our students, staff and faculty have been at the forefront of our response,” said UCW President Brock Dykeman. “We are planning to implement blended learning delivery for the Fall Term. This means that many students will have both online classes and limited on-campus learning.”
UCW’s full reopening plan is available on our website.
See the full reopening video on the University’s YouTube channel.
Students interested in becoming a Student Health Ambassador can email a resumé and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Student Health Ambassador”.Published on Sept. 2, 2020.