Welcome to the University Canada West (“UCW”) privacy notice. UCW is part of Global University Systems B.V. group of companies (“GUS”) which is made up of different legal entities, details of which can be found at:www.globaluniversitysystems.com.
University Canada West respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice tells you how and why we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information in compliance when you visit our websites (regardless of where you visit from) or use our services, and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Please also use the Glossary at section 12 for the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how University Canada West collects and processes your personal data including any data you may provide through this website when you:
- arrive on our website from a social media site (e.g., Facebook Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, TikTok, VKontakte, or LinkedIn);
- complete a callback or enquiry form;
- register on our site to apply for a course, program, corporate/executive education, or professional training, whether it is online, distance-learning or campus-based, and whether you are applying for yourself or on behalf of employees or staff at your organization which may be or become a customer of ours;
- sign up for marketing materials; or
- provide us with your personal data by any other means.
This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children on this website. However, where UCW processes personal data of children in its business operations, we ensure that appropriate safeguards and consent are obtained from parents or caregivers as applicable. If you are under the age of 16 and wish to submit an application or other personal data to UCW, please contact the Privacy and Data Protection Officer at [email protected] for further information about obtaining parental consent.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
This privacy notice supplements the other notices and does not replace them.