University Canada West finished fourth at the 2023 MBA Games held at York University in Toronto January 6-8.
The UCW team tied for first in the spirit category and finished eighth in the academic case and sports competitions.
The competition featured 14 MBA schools from across the country and was hosted by the Schulich School of Business at York. Each team competed in academic, athletic and team-building challenges.
Each year the competitors raise awareness and funds for a selected charity. This year’s charity was Future Possibilities for Kids, a Toronto-based, non-profit organization that coaches children to believe in themselves and lead community change. UCW’s team raised $11,491.85 for the organization, the second highest total among participating schools. In total, the 14 teams raised a combined $41,287 for the charity chosen by the host University.
The MBA Games is an annual competition that was first established 34 years ago at Queen’s University. Brock University’s Goodman School of Business finished in first place, earning the right to host next year’s competition. McMaster and host York rounded out the top three.
This was UCW’s first trip to the national MBA Games. In October, UCW finished second in its first ever BC MBA Games appearance.
Led by head coaches Urvish Subodh, UCW faculty, and Seth Li, Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships and Projects, this team represented UCW:
- Sumaiyah (Sam) Nausheen, team captain
- Orkhon Erdenebaatar, team vice-captain
- Kevin Stanley, University liaison
- Radhika, spirit captain
- Roshan Hegde, sports captain
- Kannu Amarjeet Singh Maggu, sports team
- Tariq Mohhamed Safi, sports team
- Cris Villanueva, sports team
- Raphael Mendes Guimaraes, sports team
- Tatiana Farfan, sports team
- Manasvi Datta, sports team
- Akashmeet Singh Sidhu, sports team
- Helen Nguyen, case team
- Laura Rios, case team
- Prasad Gopalan Nambiar, case team
- Amanda Beatriz Oliveira Bennicasa, case team
Published on January 12, 2023.