University Canada West has launched the brand-new UCW Alumni Portal for its growing alumni community.
The UCW Alumni Portal is a platform exclusive for UCW alumni to connect with peers, explore new opportunities, engage in meaningful discussions, develop relevant skills and share new ideas. The platform offers several unique features that help the alumni community with professional development, networking and career advancement.
As a one-stop resource for UCW’s alumni, the portal allows graduated students to stay connected with the University and see what their peers are doing in their local communities.
UCW alumni can build a profile on the platform by importing one from Google, a social media platform like LinkedIn or Facebook, or by creating one manually via email.
Through the UCW Alumni Portal, alumni can learn about what the University is doing and what is happening on campus as well as how to get involved with the UCW community.
The UCW Alumni Portal introduces a number of valuable features, including:
- Alumni Mentorship Program: UCW’s mentorship program allows alumni to find a mentor or share their knowledge with other alumni by becoming a mentor.
- Job board: The job board is where alumni can see job opportunities available at UCW and other companies hiring around the world. Alumni can also post jobs to find top-tier talent from their connections at UCW.
- Event board: The event board is where alumni can learn more about events, workshops and webinars happening in their local communities as well as post events for others to attend.
- Groups: UCW groups are an opportunity for alumni to connect with like-minded peers by creating or joining a group on almost any topic.
- Exclusive offers: UCW alumni can get access to free resources and various discounts exclusive to the UCW community.
- Social media feed: The social media feed shows alumni what is happening at the University all in one convenient place.
“The new UCW Alumni Portal connects UCW alumni from all around the world, allowing for international connections, networks and opportunities,” said Christine Chan, UCW’s Director of Student Affairs & Services.
“We want to provide our students with different ways to develop meaningful and longstanding relationships with their alma mater. Student success at UCW also means providing our students with the resources they need to succeed long after they graduate, along with opportunities to support them throughout their personal journey. We will be able to do so more comprehensively with this new platform.”
As an added bonus, UCW is offering three additional perks for alumni who sign up before July 30, 2022. Alumni who sign up early will have access to:
- Free mentorship opportunities with established industry leaders hosted by nabs (nabs is a charity organization designed to support the health and well-being of all individuals in the media, marketing and communications industries in Canada)
- A draw for one of 20 $100 Visa Prepaid Gift Cards
- A draw for one of 30 tickets to UCW’s Homecoming suite seats at BC Place with the Vancouver Whitecaps FC on October 1.
The launch of the UCW Alumni Portal coincides with one of the largest convocation ceremonies at UCW with 1,200 graduating students crossing the stage at BC Place in downtown Vancouver on July 14.
To access the UCW Alumni Portal, visit alumni.myucwest.ca.
Published on July 11, 2022.