University Canada West (UCW) entrance awards, scholarships and grants are available to new students applying to a UCW undergraduate or graduate program. Students currently studying at UCW may be eligible to apply for continuing student Awards.
You can receive only one (1) award, scholarship, grant or continuing student award if eligible (limited exceptions apply, see below for details).
Please review policy documents 9009 – Awards for the complete details regarding UCW policies and procedures for awards.
University Canada West entrance awards are available to new students approved for admission to either undergraduate or graduate programs at UCW.
- You can receive only ONE (1) entrance award (limited exceptions apply, see below for details).
- If you are eligible for multiple automatically awarded awards, then you will receive the award with the highest value.
- Students taking Online Programs are not eligible for these awards.
- Applicants with conditional offers are not eligible to qualify for an award until they fulfill the conditions for full (i.e. unconditional) admission.
- Award recipients are expected to act as ambassadors for UCW and participate in outreach and alumni engagement initiatives.
- All awards are disbursed as tuition credit.
- New Student Orientation (NSO), ENGL 080, and any repeat course attempts are not eligible courses for disbursal payments (even if taken within the disbursal period).
The following awards are bestowed automatically. That is, no award application is required as these awards will be granted at point of admission (if eligibility is met).