The ACBSP and NCMA-accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) program from UCW will prepare you for success on a global level. You will learn how to take challenging situations in a stride, apply pragmatic solutions to problems and ultimately drive the success of your organization through intelligent decision-making.
Our MBA program also includes relevant digital components (see course structure below) and we collaborate with digital leaders such as Riipen, the Digital Marketing Institute, Salesforce (Trailhead), Tableau and IBM to keep our students updated with upcoming technological trends.
Students can also qualify to earn certifications, including Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR), Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP) and more.
Business Courses Powered by the Latest Technology
UCW continues its evolution towards becoming Vancouver’s tech-business university. We’ve partnered with leading business and tech companies such as Salesforce, Amazon, Shopify, Facebook and many others to incorporate their latest technology and expertise into the Master of Business Administration program courses at UCW.
Graduates of the MBA program will be able to:
- respond strategically to business challenges and opportunities.
- assess ethical implications of business activities.
- develop, implement and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- formulate business decisions and systematic analysis that reflects critical thinking.
- demonstrate effective skills to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- lead teams through the resolution of problems and successful completion of projects and tasks.
- integrate personal values and perspectives into problem solving and take responsibility for decisions.
- communicate ideas persuasively (written and oral) as a result of thorough analysis of information.
- gather, analyze and synthesize information for a business context.
UCW brings together students from all over the world, which leads to an enhanced learning environment. Students not only learn from program leaders, but from each other. Students present different insights into topics, depending on their culture and background.
Academica Group has been surveying our MBA graduates 6 months after graduation.
According to the latest data from the alumni that participated in the study, 95% of our MBA students are working or have a job lined up within one year of graduating.
Our alumni work for some of the world’s leading organizations such as:
Our MBA program is delivered by a team of dedicated and highly knowledgeable professors with many years of industry experience. The MBA program is available on campus or online. You will learn through a combination of the following methods:
- Lectures and class discussions
- Studying academic literature
- Looking closely at case studies
- Listening to fellow classmates’ experiences
Students must remain in Good Academic Standing to continue their studies at UCW. To remain in Good Academic Standing, graduate students must maintain a 3.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). For full details about Academic Standing, refer to the current Academic Calendar here.
Applicants to the MBA program may qualify for admission based on the following requirements:
- If your first language is not English, submit an IELTS score of at least 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in the writing band) or equivalent (TOEFL, PTE, Duolingo, etc.) OR successful completion of UCW’s University Access Program (UAP) with a Grade Point Average of at least 70%. If your first language is English and you can demonstrate that you graduated from a recognized degree in an English-speaking country, the English IELTS score or equivalent requirement is waived.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.33 scale) or better in a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university OR successful completion of UCW’s MBA Foundation (MBAF) with a GPA of 3.00.
- One of the following:
- A suitable score on a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) that has been written in the last five (5) years.
- A relevant Canadian professional designation or equivalent international designation (e.g. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CHRP or P.Eng).
- Bachelor’s degree in business (e.g., Business Administration (BBA) degree or Bachelor Commerce (BCom) from a recognized university).
- A minimum of three (3) years documented professional or management experience with evidence of career progression and relevant education and/or training.
ACCA students can now fulfill their full ACCA qualification at the same time as earning their MBA from University Canada West.
Students who are pursuing, or want to pursue, a ACCA Strategic Professional certificate are now eligible to directly join the UCW MBA program and/or complete their ACCA Strategic Professional qualification consecutively. UCW students can pursue two internationally recognized qualifications.
More information can be found here.
English is the language of instruction at University Canada West. If your first language is not English, you must submit proof of English Proficiency such as an academic IELTS score of 6.5 or better with a minimum of 6.0 in the writing band, or equivalent. More information is available in the English Proficiency section of this website.
You can complete the English pathway courses (University Access Program) in order to meet the English proficiency requirements of the MBA/MBA Foundation program.
On-Campus MBA Tuition Fees
|Number of courses
|Cost per course**
|Total Tuition Fees
|Number of courses
|Cost per course**
|Total Tuition Fees
Tuition deposit for international students: $7,900
First term tuition deposit for domestic students: $500
*30% discount applies for Canadian Forces members and veterans on all programs.
**Students taking MRKT 621 will be charged an extra $150 fee to access Digital Marketing Institute modules and membership.
***Additional costs related to textbooks and materials for each course are not included in tuition.
UCW students must fulfil the requirements listed in the Academic Calendar in order to be eligible to graduate. For full details about Graduation Eligibility, refer to the current Academic Calendar here.