The University Curriculum Committee is a Standing Committee of the Senate, with the following responsibilities:
- Reviewing and considering proposals for new, revised, or discontinued courses, programs of study, degrees, and other credentials for consistency with:
- the mission, goals and strategic priorities of the University
- University policies
- With input from relevant faculty and staff members, resolve outstanding issues in proposals and approve curriculum submissions for recommendation to the Senate.
- Reporting and making recommendations to Senate on:
- the status of concept papers and program proposals, implementations, revisions, and discontinuation
- the progress of curricula review
- proposed revisions to relevant University policies, including Policy No. 5012, “Course Syllabus,” and Policy No. 5009, “Program and Curriculum Development,” as appropriate
- the form and frequency in which the University Academic Calendar is published
- other items of note arising out of the Committee’s work
- Developing and approving the processes, standards, and guidelines for curricular changes, to ensure that curricula reviews are conducted in accordance with:
- best practices in post-secondary education
- relevant University policies, including Policy No. 5009, “Program and Curriculum Development”
- Establishing a schedule for revisions to existing courses to ensure that the curricula are consistent with the mission and goals of the University.
- Developing and approving the processes, standards, and guidelines for program approval.
- Periodically reviewing the policies and practices for the review and approval of curricular changes to ensure consistency and compliance with:
- the mission, goals, and strategic priorities of the University
- the responsibilities of the Senate
|Chair – Faculty Representative||Dr. Alexander Sakharov||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Vice Chair – Faculty Representative||Dr. Mehdi Akhgari||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Program Chair Representative||Dr. George Drazenovic||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Program Chair Representative||Dr Gelareh Farhadian||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Faculty Representative||Dr. Rushdi Alsaleh||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Staff Representative||Anna Lee Boulton||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Student Representative||Shweta Shaw||2022.11 – 2023.10|
|Executive Dean||Dr. Stephanie Chu||Ex Officio|
|Registrar||Henrique Gea||Ex Officio|
|Director, Curriculum and Scheduling (now, Director, Curriculum and Quality Assurance)||Harpreet Ahluwalia||Ex Officio|
|Manager, Academic Advising||Cherie Chang||Ex Officio|
|University Librarian (or designate)||Nicoletta Romano||Ex Officio (non-voting)|
|Senate Secretary/Recording Secretary||Adrian Mitescu/Saleiha Sharif||Ex Officio (non-voting)|
The Committee meets on an as-needed basis, with a minimum of two meetings per year; meetings are usually closed. For any questions, please contact the Senate Secretariat at [email protected].