The Quality Assurance Committee is a Standing Committee of the Senate, with the following responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing procedures, standards, and guidelines to ensure that program reviews are conducted in accordance with the principles of University Policy No. 5001, “Program Review Policy.”
- Reviewing and approving all internal review reports produced through the University’s quality assurance processes.
- Monitoring and providing updates to the Senate on provincially-mandated quality assurance policies or initiatives, as appropriate.
- Advising the Senate on matters related to:
- establishment, suspension, and/or discontinuance of educational programs (in consultation with the Academic Priorities and Planning Committee); and
- policies related to and the terms of affiliation and articulation agreements with other post-secondary institutions and educational bodies (in consultation with other relevant Senate committees).
|Chair – Executive Dean||Dr. Stephanie Chu||Ex Officio|
|Vice-Chair – Faculty Representative||Dr. Noosha Mehdian||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Faculty Representative||Dr. Jason Walker||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Faculty Representative||Dr. Mehdi Akhgari||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Student Representative||Udayveer Singh||2022.11 – 2023.10|
|Program Chair Representative||Dr. Larry Earnhart||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Director, Curriculum and Scheduling (now, Director, Curriculum and Quality Assurance)||Harpreet Ahluwalia||Ex Officio|
|Senate Secretary/Recording Secretary||Adrian Mitescu/Saleiha Sharif||Ex Officio (non-voting)|
The Committee meets on an as-needed basis, with a minimum of two meetings per year; meetings are usually closed. For any questions, please contact the Senate Secretariat at [email protected].