The Governance and Policies Committee is a Standing Committee of the Senate, with the following responsibilities:
- Advising the Senate on:
- matters of academic policy
- revising Senate policies and procedures
- matters related to the Senate Bylaws, including with respect to the membership, procedures, structure and terms of reference of the Senate committees.
- Recommending Senate appointments to the Senate standing committees and other University advisory committees or groups requiring representation from the Senate.
- Monitoring all Senate policies to ensure that they are reviewed within the frequency required in University Policy No. 1505, “Policy Development and Administration.”
- Ensuring that:
- proposed Senate policies and procedures (and amendments thereto) are consistent with the mission, vision and goals of the University
- the development, drafting, and amendment of Senate policies are undertaken by the University department(s) that is most knowledgeable about the issues addressed in the policy
- an appropriate level of consultation with relevant stakeholders has taken place prior to the development, drafting and amendment of Senate policies
- proposed Senate policies and procedures (and amendments thereto) submitted to the Committee for review are supported by documentation and have a sound basis (e.g., fulfilling legal or regulatory requirements, identifying and managing risks, enhancing operational efficiency, etc.).
|Chair – Faculty Representative||Dr. Manbo He||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Vice Chair – Faculty Representative||Dr. Nam Le||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Program Chair Representative||Dr. George Drazenovic||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Staff Representative||Anne Janousek||2021.04 – 2023.03|
|Student Representative||Shweta Shaw||2022.11 – 2023.10|
|Vice President Academic||Dr. Maureen Mancuso||Ex Officio|
|Registrar||Henrique Gea||Ex Officio|
|Director, Student Affairs and Services||Christine Chan||Ex Officio|
|Director, Academic Operations||Cassie Savoie||Ex Officio|
|Senate Secretary/Recording Secretary||Adrian Mitescu/Saleiha Sharif||Ex Officio (non-voting)|
The Committee meets on an as-needed basis, with a minimum of two meetings per year; meetings are usually closed. For any questions, please contact the Senate Secretariat at [email protected].