The Academic Planning and Priorities Committee is a Standing Committee of the Senate, with the following responsibilities:
- In consultation with the Senate’s standing committees, facilitating the Senate’s process of establishing and approving its long-term goals and priorities within the context of the University’s strategic and operational planning related to educational policy.
- Monitoring the Senate’s progress towards its long-term goals and priorities, with input and regular updates from the standing committees.
- Advising the Senate on:
- the educational goals, objectives, strategies, and priorities of the University, and proposed amendments thereto
- policies and strategic goals related to enrolment management and the admission of students
- the number of students that may be accommodated by the University and policies for enrolment management
- the establishment or discontinuance of faculties, schools, divisions, and departments of the University
- In consultation with the Quality Assurance Committee, advising the Senate on the establishment, suspension, or discontinuance of educational programs
- In consultation with other relevant standing committees, reviewing and advising the Senate on the terms of affiliation, articulation, and other contractual agreements with other post-secondary institutions and educational bodies
|Chair – Vice President Academic||Dr. Maureen Mancuso||Ex Officio|
|Program Chair Representative||Dr. Laurence Earnhart||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Faculty Representative||Dr. Nam Le||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Faculty Representative||Dr. Jason Walker||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Staff Representative||Anna Lee Boulton||2022.11 – 2024.10|
|Student Representative||Manik Gupta||2022.11 – 2023.10|
|Director, Institutional Accountability||Adrian Mitescu||Ex Officio|
|Registrar||Henrique Gea||Ex Officio|
|Director, Student Affairs and Services||Christine Chan||Ex Officio|
|Director, Academic Operations and Support Services||Cassie Savoie||Ex Officio|
|Associate Vice President, Administration||Kathleen Campbell||Ex Officio|
|Senate Recording Secretary||Saleiha Sharif||Ex Officio (non-voting)|
The Committee meets on an as-needed basis, with a minimum of two meetings per year; meetings are usually closed. For any questions, please contact the Senate Secretariat at [email protected].