Our goal is to support every student reach their academic potential. We offer a range of services supporting essential skills that see students succeed in university as well as in their professions after graduation. We deliver these services both virtually (via AskAway and individual appointments) and in-person (at Vancouver House and West Pender campuses).
Our services will help improve:
- Key research skills:
- Developing and refining research questions
- Creating effective search strategies
- Evaluating sources and media for credibility and quality of research
- Applying the concepts of academic integrity:
- Giving reference to credible information sources
- Ensuring academic work is completed honestly and ethically
Students can book 1-on-1 appointments with a Librarian, chat with a Librarian through a virtual reference service, and email the Library with any inquiries. To learn more, visit the Get Help From a Librarian page through the MyUCW Student Portal.
The Library also hosts workshops throughout the term that introduce students to the appropriate steps for conducting academic research, as well as the basics of APA style of formatting and citations.
The workshops are free and their dates and times change each term, so check the Library Workshops page for full details, including how to register.
We encourage all instructors to utilize the Library’s academic databases in their courses and in their personal research. All instructors can reach out to the UCW Library team with any questions, concerns or requests. We are here to help all faculty members foster their research perspectives and pursue their scholarly activities.
We provide faculty with:
- Instructional support (APA and Research-related)
- Resource access
- Advising with proper usage of APA, resource usage and copyright
Reach out to your program’s Liaison Librarian – visit our Contact Us page.