University Canada West’s Master of Business Administration degree program has been named one of Canada’s Best Online MBA Programs of 2022 by CourseCompare.
CourseCompare’s annual rankings are determined using a comprehensive underlying methodology centred around job placement rates, which account for 40% of the score. Job placement rates reflect the percentage of students who obtained a job in their field of study.
As an added measure of quality, programs must maintain a job placement rate of at least 75% to be considered in CourseCompare’s rankings.
According to the latest survey data from University Canada West (UCW) alumni, 96.9% of UCW MBA students are working or have a job lined up within one year of graduating.
In addition to job placement rates, CourseCompare looks at five additional performance metrics:
- Student satisfaction: based on verified user ratings submitted on CourseCompare.ca and is collected along four dimensions: instructor quality, curriculum, career support and overall student satisfaction (20%). UCW has a rating of 4.9/5 stars.
- Industry recognition: employer survey data is used to determine a program’s reach and reputation among employers (15%).
- Online experience: a combination of school and student surveys are used to determine the quality of Learning Management Systems and the quality of live online instructional support (10%).
- Salary expectations: salary data is based on the average annual earnings of all graduates within a program, up to one year of graduation (7.5%).
- Graduation rate: this number reflects the percentage of students who meet the requirements of their program and graduated/matriculated within the time permitted (7.5%).
CourseCompare is Canada’s marketplace for education and helps prepare people for the future of work by connecting them to top-rated courses and training programs across the country.Published on March 23, 2022.