Congratulations to all our upcoming graduates!
We’re excited to share more details about the Convocation Ceremony.
UCW Summer Convocation 2022
UCW Summer Convocation 2022 will take place on Thursday, July 14, 2022
BC Place – 777 Pacific Boulevard, Downtown Vancouver
Ceremony: 10 am – 1:30 pm*
Reception: 1:30 – 2:15 pm
Ceremony: 4:30 pm – 8 pm*
Reception: 8 – 8:45 pm
*Graduating students and their guests can arrive up to 1.5 hours before the ceremony start time. Please note that graduating students should arrive at least one hour before the ceremony starts to ensure they have enough time to get ready.
BC Place is easily accessible by public transit. The venue is a short walk from the Stadium-Chinatown SkyTrain Station on the Expo Line or an eight-minute walk from the Yaletown-Roundhouse or the Vancouver City Centre SkyTrain stations on the Canada Line.
For additional information, driving directions and parking information, please visit the BC Place website.
Convocation is a public event where photographs will be taken (and the ceremonies will be streamed live on the internet). By attending convocation, you are giving University Canada West permission to use any photos (and to include your name) in all media, future promotional materials, programs and websites, as the case may be.
As part of our convocation celebration, student names, program(s), degree(s), honours earned, and year of graduation will be printed in a convocation program. We distribute these programs at convocation and online and consider the information within to be a matter of permanent public record. The convocation ceremony will be streamed live. You consent to your image being so captured, and its use by the University for administrative, historical and promotional purposes in print and online. If you would prefer not to have your name appear in the program or your photo used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least four weeks before the date of your ceremony.
- What ceremony am I scheduled for?
- How many guests can I bring?
- When do I need to arrive?
- Do my guests and I need tickets to attend the Convocation Ceremony?
- How much do the tickets cost?
- Can my guests sit anywhere at BC Place for the ceremony?
- Can I switch ceremonies if my scheduled ceremony time doesn’t work for me?
- How do I get my graduation gown for the ceremony?
- What if I can’t attend the ceremony?
- What is planned for the reception after each ceremony?
- Who is eligible for the convocation ceremony on Thursday, July 14?
- When can I graduate if I finish my degree this term (Spring 2022)?
- How can I watch the ceremony online?
- Can I get a professional photo of myself at the event?
- How do I get secure tickets for me and my guests?
- Will photos or videos of me be streamed or shared on social media during or after the ceremony?
- How do I order flowers for Convocation?
- Will I have a chance to purchase UCW merchandise during Convocation?