|TEST||MINIMUM SCORE ADMISSION|
|Academic IELTS||6.5 overall with minimum of 6.0 in the writing band|
|TOEFL iBT||88 overall with minimum of 20 in each component|
|PTE Academic||61 overall with minimum score of 60 in writing|
|CAEL||70 overall with minimum of 60 in each subset|
- Required score on a recognized English proficiency test.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 30 credits of post-secondary education from a recognized institution where English is the language of instruction and where the school is located in a country where English is an official language.
- Successful completion of University Canada West’s University Access Program (English preparation courses),
- Successful completion of other recognized English preparation courses where students have demonstrated English proficiency equivalent to an academic IELTS score of 6.5 or better,
- Successful completion of BC English 12 or English 12 First Peoples (or equivalent) with a final grade of 65% (C) or better (including the provincial exam if applicable) ) taken in Canada as part of a high school graduation program,
- Completion of International Baccalaureate English A1/A2 or English Literature and Performance,
- Successful completion of a 3 credit academic English course with a minimum C grade from a Canadian post-secondary institution. The credits must be eligible to be transferred to University Canada West as transfer credits,
- Graduation from a secondary school attended for three (3) or more consecutive years of full time education where English was the language of instruction and where the school is located in a country where English is an official language,
- Graduation from a recognized secondary school attended for four (4) or more consecutive years of full time education where English was the language of instruction but operates in a country where English is not a primary language.
The Admission Committee may require proof of English language proficiency from applicants who attended English language-based education systems if the Committee sees deficiencies in language proficiency when the application package is reviewed.*Conditions apply
*English Language test scores are valid for admission purposes for a maximum of 2 years from the date of the test.