|TEST||MINIMUM SCORE ADMISSION|
|Academic IELTS or IELTS Indicator 1||6.5 overall with minimum of 6.0 in the writing band|
|TOEFL iBT||88 overall with minimum of 20 in each component|
|PTE Academic||61 overall with minimum score of 60 in writing|
|CAEL||70 overall with minimum of 60 in each subset|
|Duolingo 2||110 overall|
|Password||6.5 overall with minimum of 6.0 in the writing band|
|Cambridge Test 3||176 overall|
- Required score on a recognized English proficiency test.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 30 credits of post-secondary education from a recognized institution where English is the language of instruction and where the school is located in a country where English is an official language.
- Successful completion of University Canada West’s University Access Program (English preparation courses),
- Successful completion of other recognized English preparation courses where students have demonstrated English proficiency equivalent to an academic IELTS score of 6.5 or better,
- Successful completion of BC English 12 or English 12 First Peoples (or equivalent) with a final grade of 65% (C) or better (including the provincial exam if applicable) ) taken in Canada as part of a high school graduation program,
- Completion of International Baccalaureate English A1/A2 or English Literature and Performance,
- Successful completion of a 3 credit academic English course with a minimum C grade from a Canadian post-secondary institution. The credits must be eligible to be transferred to University Canada West as transfer credits,
- Graduation from a secondary school attended for three (3) or more consecutive years of full time education where English was the language of instruction and where the school is located in a country where English is an official language,
- Graduation from a recognized secondary school attended for four (4) or more consecutive years of full time education where English was the language of instruction but operates in a country where English is not a primary language.
The Admission Committee may require proof of English language proficiency from applicants who attended English language-based education systems if the Committee sees deficiencies in language proficiency when the application package is reviewed.
The Language Gallery, a preferred language partner for University Canada West, is launching a new online English training program called TLG Live.
The online English training program includes their University Pathway Program (UPP) so successful students don’t need to take an Academic IELTS or TOFL exam for admission. The program is designed to prepare students for their academic studies at a Canadian college or university.
Students will need to complete UPP level 6 with a minimum of 80% in course work in order to qualify for direct entry into UCW’s degree programs.
New intakes will start every two weeks and free arrival tests are available for new students. The introductory price is only $99 per week.
More information on TLG Live can be found here.
- EC Canada
- ELS Language Centers
- DEA Canadian College
- ILAC: Academy and International College
- iTTTi Vancouver
- Oxford International Education Group (DBA Eurocentres Canada)
- St George International College (SGIC)
- Tamwood International College
- The Language Gallery (TLG)
- VGC International College
- Western Town College