The decision to attend university is one of the biggest investments you can make in your life. We will help you find the right method of payment, as well as answer your questions about tuition fees, student loans; and other financial options.
The tuition and fee information listed below is in Canadian dollars and applicable for 2019/2020. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice. For the most up-to-date fee schedule, please contact the Finance Office at University Canada West.
The tuition deposit is non-refundable except as allowed by UCW Policy 3001: Student Tuition Refunds. It is expected that the entire amount of the tuition deposit will be applied against tuition owing during the first two terms of enrollment at UCW. Any portion of the tuition deposit not used in the first term will be credited to the student’s second term as a non-refundable payment toward tuition and fees at UCW. Students who do not attend their second term of study and do not have an approved leave of absence during this time will forfeit the balance of the tuition deposit.
- You must apply for a refund by completing the online application form at https://refunds.ucanwest.ca. Please note that the refund process can take up to six weeks or 30 business days to complete.
- Upon completion of the application form, an auto-generated response with a ticket number will be sent to you.
- All supporting documentation must be included with the application. Missing documents will prolong the refund request evaluation and processing time. The required documentation is listed in the Refund Policy Procedure here.
- You will be informed about any missing documents through a message in the MyUCW Student Portal.
- You must drop a course by the add/drop dates as outlined in the Academic Calendar to be eligible for a refund for that course. After this deadline, you are not eligible for a refund for that course.
- Refunds will be sent to the account from where the funds were originally sent. If the bank details provided are different from the original payment method, UCW may request more documentation to verify the banking details before making a payment.
- Upon successful payment of the refund, the Finance team will send you a message through the MyUCW Student Portal.
- You are welcome to check the status of your refund application at any time by contacting the Finance team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ticket number and student number.
Normal refund procedures apply for students who are denied a student visa or study permit as per UCW Policy 3001: Student Tuition Refunds. View the fully policy here and view the related refund policy procedure here.
If eligible, please apply for your refund here.
University Canada West has partnered with PayMyTuition for international tuition deposits, and tuition payments. With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple and cost effective. Visit this page for additional information about PayMyTuition.
University Canada West will also accept:
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard)
- Debit (in-person only)
- Cash (in-person only)
- Cheque (payable to University Canada West)
- Money Order (payable to University Canada West)
- Wire Transfer
- Online Payment