In keeping with its commitment to supporting its students throughout their academic journey, University Canada West has introduced International Student Advisors.
International Student Advisors (ISAs) provide support to international students before they arrive in Canada and throughout their time at UCW.
ISAs can help students in several areas:
- Student arrival and transitioning into life in Canada
- Connecting students with resources available both on and off-campus
- Understanding UCW policies and procedures
- Making referrals to academic support programs and acting as a liaison with faculty
- Answering general questions about study permits, Post-Graduation Work Permits, Social Insurance Number, work eligibility
- Advice about how to get involved at UCW
- Medical insurance and health care
- Non-academic questions and additional support
ISAs are currently able to offer services in English, Farsi, Hindi and Punjabi. UCW is also currently hiring an ISA with Spanish and Portuguese language skills.
Students can book a virtual 15-minute appointment with an ISA through the MyUCW Student Portal.
The ISAs will host several events, workshops and info sessions in February and March in Farsi, Hindi and Punjabi. Topics include “3 Steps to Succeed at UCW,” “Travel Restrictions” and “Visa & Study Permit (Work Eligibility).”
Published on Feb. 9, 2021. Last Updated Feb. 10, 2021.