Full-time Tuition Fees (Domestic):
$8,352 (Year 1 to 3)
$2,784 (Year 4)
Full-time Tuition Fees (International):
$17,400 (Year 1 to 4)
Program Tuition Fees:
*30% discount applies for Canadian Forces members and veterans
Fall (October), Winter (January), Spring (April), Summer (July)
Also Available Online
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication (BA) is an interdisciplinary program that will develop your knowledge of media, cultural studies and business alongside theoretical and practical skills. The communication methods learnt and media training students get throughout this course are relevant to careers in professional writing, journalism, public relations, communications, and advertising.
Graduates of the BA program will be able to:
- Learn to evaluate and integrate all types of business communication.
- Demonstrate research techniques and methodologies.
- Create ethically and legally sound content for a variety of markets.
- Integrate media and content to communicate persuasively to specific audiences.
- Apply communication methods to business problems and contexts.
UCW is home to students from many different countries around the globe. Communicating with fellow students and sharing experiences can further enhance your learning experience.
The BA program focuses on many different forms of media. There is a strong focus on how media and communications function in the contemporary business world.
- Lectures and class discussions
- Studying academic literature
- Analysis of case studies
- Practical team tasks
Students must remain in Good Academic Standing to continue their studies at UCW. For full details about Academic Standing, refer to the current Academic Calendar here.
UCW students must fulfil the requirements listed in the Academic Calendar in order to be eligible to graduate. For full details about Graduation Eligibility, refer to the current Academic Calendar here.
Winter, Spring, Summer 2019
|Number of courses||40||40|
|Cost per course||$696||$1,740|
|Total Tuition Fees||$27,840*||$69,600|
|Typical Full-time Tuition Fees||$8,352 (Year 1 to 3)
$2,784 (Year 4)
|$17,400 (Year 1 to 4)|
Tuition deposit for international students: $7,900
First term tuition deposit for domestic students: $500
*30% discount for Canadian forces members and veterans
- Canadian High School (Grade 12) diploma or equivalent with an overall average of C or better (2.0 on a 4.33 scale)
- Twenty-one (21) years of age or older and out of high school for at least two years, and
- Documented success through academic, professional or volunteer activities
- Academic IELTS - 6.5 or better with a minimum of 6.0 in the writing band, or equivalent (for students whose first language is not English). More information is available in the English Proficiency section of this website.
You can complete the English pathway courses (University Access Program) in order to meet the English proficiency requirements of the Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication program.