This program is also available online.
We understand that some students do not have the professional or academic qualifications but wish to pursue the MBA program. Students have the option of completing the three MBA Foundation courses. Students must earn a CGPA of B (GPA of 3.0) or better overall in the MBA Foundation program in order to continue into the MBA program.
Students who pass the MBA Foundation program successfully can register into MBA program.
The MBA Foundation program is the first fully Open Educational Resources (OER) program at UCW. All courses within this program have no textbook or resource fees.
MBA Foundation Entry Requirements
- If your first language is not English submit an IELTS of at least 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in writing band) or equivalent (TOEFL, PTE, Duolingo etc.) OR Successful completion of UCW’s University Access Program (UAP) with Grade Point Average of at Least 70%. If your first language is English and you can demonstrate that you graduated from a recognized degree in an English-speaking country, the English IELTS score or equivalent requirement is waived.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.33 or better in a Bachelor degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- One of the following:
- A suitable score on a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) that has been written in the last five years.
- A relevant Canadian professional designation or equivalent international designation (e.g. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CHRP or P.Eng).
- A minimum of three (3) years documented professional or management experience with evidence of career progression and relevant education and/or training.
English is the language of instruction at University Canada West. If your first language is not English, you must submit proof of English Proficiency as specified in the English Proficiency section of this website.
The Admission Committee may require proof of English language proficiency from applicants who attended English language-based education systems if the Committee sees deficiencies in language proficiency when the application package is reviewed.
English language test scores are valid for admission purposes for a maximum of 2 years from the date of the test.