Earning a Master of Business Administration can prepare you for a successful career in business.
MBA programs teach future business leaders about the principles of economics, the global economy, management strategies and organizational structures. You will learn how to apply well-thought-out solutions in tackling challenging situations.
What are the benefits of having an MBA?
Having an MBA will enhance your career opportunities and make you a better candidate for future advancement. When companies hire for key leadership positions, they often post them as “MBA preferred.”
An MBA will also improve your communication skills, give you excellent time management abilities and teach you about the global economy. These skills will allow employees to effectively use resources, budget effectively and set financial goals.
What is the scope of an MBA?
University Canada West offers a two-year MBA program. It is ACBSP and NCMA accredited and will prepare students for success on a global level.
The MBA program also includes relevant digital components and collaborates with digital leaders such as Riipen, the Digital Marketing Institute, Salesforce (Trailhead), Tableau and IBM to keep students updated with upcoming technological trends.
Students can also qualify to earn certifications, including Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR), Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP) and more.
What skills does an MBA give you?
MBA programs teach students such skills as business planning, marketing, strategy and finance. If you want to become an entrepreneur, an MBA could be an important first step. To get a business up and running, you will need to have extensive knowledge about market trends and customers’ needs.
Graduates of the UCW MBA program in Vancouver will be able to:
- respond strategically to business challenges and opportunities.
- assess the ethical implications of business activities.
- develop, implement and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- formulate business decisions and systematic analysis that reflect critical thinking.
- demonstrate effective skills to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- lead teams through the resolution of problems and successful completion of projects and tasks.
- integrate personal values and perspectives into problem solving and take responsibility for decisions.
- communicate ideas persuasively (written and oral) as a result of thorough analysis of information.
- gather, analyze and synthesize information for a business context.
UCW also offers nine elective areas for students progressing through their degree program:
- Business Analytics
- Human Resources Management
- Digital Marketing
- Project Management.
These electives help introduce students to high-demand fields and opportunities, helping our them build the skills and knowledge they need to pursue prosperous careers.
UCW also offers its MBA program online.
Even if you already have had some success in business, getting an MBA can help you grow in your current role and open a new world of opportunities.
Published on December 16, 2022.
Last updated January 10, 2023.