Quick Contact Form

Left Shape


Right Shape


Welcome to

University Canada West

Online On Campus

Is studying an MBA worth it?

UCW instructor offers to help students file tax returns

UCW instructor offers to help students file tax returns

University Canada West accounting instructor Tamara Krug has offered to help students with their taxes. She will be running free one-on-one tax sessions to assist students in filing taxes.

These sessions will take place on Monday, Mar. 27 and Wednesday, Mar. 29 from noon to 2 p.m. in the 2nd floor boardroom.

Tamara is a registered volunteer with CPA and has registered Canada Revenue Agency software.  As such, she is entitled to help students file their taxes, as long as the student’s annual income is less than $30,000 per year or $50,000 per year if they are part of a couple or have a dependent. 

These tax sessions should take about 10-15 minutes each. Students are asked to book an appointment either in-person through Vera at Reception, or via MyUCW dropbox by contacting “UCW Reception”. 

Students must bring the following printed documents with them to the session:

  • Personal Identification and information (ID, address, Social Insurance Number, etc.)
  • Any statements of income (such as a T4)
  • Any statements of expenses/donations (such as a T2202 from UCW)

If you have any questions about the process itself, please contact Tamara Krug through MyUCW.

Please note, even if you did not work (ie. Had no income over the year) you should file taxes as you may be eligible for GST rebates or things of that nature.

Written by UCW News Team