Regular Course Fee:
$250 CAD + tax per module
8 hours per module
Module 1: Sept. 27 - Oct. 4
Module 2: Oct. 25 - Nov. 1
Module 3: Nov. 22-29
Online (blended asynchronous and live sessions)
For More Information:
Call +94-112356531 ext. 529
In Partnership With
This three-module Executive Training program is tailor-made for directors, managers, staff and any other participants of the Colombo Stock Exchange to strengthen analytical skills and apply fundamental quantitative methods to business problems in the real world.
Learn, update or refresh your knowledge of business analytics, financial institutions, management, investment analysis and more. Get ready to study an eight-hour module that will leverage your current knowledge. Attend live online classes, deliver a presentation/assignment, and receive a Certificate of Completion that you can showcase on social media and your resumé.
In order to successfully complete the modules and earn the Certificate of Completion, participants must attend to the live sessions, complete the asynchronous self-study portion and deliver a presentation/assignment.
Each module includes:
- Cutting Edge Content
- Interactive Learning
- Data literacy
- Quick Reads
- Soft Skills
- Relevant Technical Skills
Who is it for?
- Advisors, supervisors, managers and staff who have to make informed business decisions based on data.
- Staff who need to recognize trends, summarize data sets and interpret data to develop financial or business strategies.
- Participants who want to expand, refresh and strengthen their knowledge in finance, data analytics and financial institutions.
Here’s what you can expect when you enrol:
- Three interactive modules.
- Eight hours of blended self-paced learning content and live sessions.
- Certificate of Competition after finishing every module.
Key Skills and Competencies You Will Gain:
- Developing business analytics and risk management skills.
- Learning about analytics modeling, including finance and risk management.
- Developing a global perspective through understanding foreign transaction risks, sovereign risk and calculating market risk exposure.
- Evaluating optimal risky portfolios and bonds.
Module 1 – Business Analytics
- Perform business analytics across various fields, such as finance, risk management, marketing, IT, administration, etc.
Module 2 – Global Financial Institutions Management
- Identify, apply and measure sources or foreign exchange risk exposure for financial institutions.
Module 3 – Investment Analysis and Management
- Use analytical approaches to select and manage securities portfolios.
Participants can choose to complete one, two or all three modules.
- 1st Monday – 7:30-8:30 pm Sri Lanka (7-8 am PDT) (Live online one-hour class) and one-hour self study
- Wednesday to Friday – four-hour self study time (asynchronous)
- 2nd Monday – 7:30-8:30 pm Sri Lanka (7-8 am PDT) (Live online one-hour class) and one-hour self study
How to Register:
- Click on the 'Register Here' button below.
- Fill out the registration form and make payment.
- You will receive your login credentials on a separate email.
- Log in to the MyUCW Student Portal and complete the modules of your choice.
UCW is an innovative business and technology-oriented, teaching-focused institution in Canada, offering applied undergraduate and graduate degrees for domestic and international students. The university is a dynamic and growing institution defined by its close connections to the business community and a commitment to outstanding student services.
UCW also offers MBA Programs known for innovation and effectiveness in preparing motivated students for professional-level careers and societal leadership.
Participants taking UCW executive programs may be eligible for earning credits towards UCW MBA. Pathway requires mandatory completion of all 4 modules under each MBA subject area to earn 3 credits. Participants interested in enrolling further modules for Business Analytics, Global Financial institutions Management & Investment Analysis & Management to pursue MBA track can submit their interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For UCW MBA admission requirements please visit the MBA Admissions page. Candidates interested in enrolling under executive program MBA pathway may be considered on case-by-case basis. Applicants who do not meet the minimum admission standards may be considered for admission to the MBA or MBA Foundation courses if they can demonstrate a significant depth and breadth of business/management experience or a combination of education and experience. Such applicants must be over twenty-one (21) years of age on or before the first day of classes.